Spice up dinner with this delicious vegetarian option.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 eggplants
- ¼ cup + 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 tsp harissa sauce or paste
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 4 yellow Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Halve the garlic cloves lengthwise. Halve the eggplants lengthwise and score the flesh with the tip of a sharp knife in a cross-hatch pattern.
- Place the eggplants, cut side up, on a lined baking sheet.
- Push the garlic into the flesh, sprinkle each half with 1 tbsp oil and sprinkle with salt (in moderation). Bake for about 45 min.
- Meanwhile, halve the pepper lengthwise and remove the seeds. Dice the flesh.
- Mix with 2 tbsp oil, 2 tsp harissa, ground coriander and potatoes.
- Spread potato mixture on a lined baking sheet and roast for about 30 min., stirring regularly.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the cilantro and juice the lemon.
- Remove eggplants from the oven and scoop out the flesh with the garlic from the peel.
- Finely cut the flesh, mix with half the cilantro, yogurt and 2 tbsp lemon juice. Add salt (in moderation) to taste. Garnish with the remaining harissa and oil.
- Drizzle 3 tbsp lemon juice over the potatoes and spoon into the hollowed out eggplant.
- Garnish with the remaining cilantro and serve with the eggplant-yogurt sauce.