Savory sausage meets tangy Greek yogurt in this delicious, simple classic.
- 4 oz dried cured chorizo
- 2 medium onions
- 1 (8 oz) pkg sliced mushrooms
- 1 (16 oz) pkg frozen pierogies
- ½ cup low-fat sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- cooking spray
- Thinly slice the chorizo and the onions. Preheat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chorizo for about 2 min., until it starts to brown and release some oil. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chorizo to a plate. Do not wipe out the pan.
- Add the onions and the mushrooms to the pan. Cook, stirring often, for 7 min., or until onions are dark brown and mushrooms have lost their liquid.
- Remove the onion and mushroom mixture from the pan and set aside. Spray the pan with cooking spray and add the pierogies. Cook for 2 min. on each side or until lightly browned.
- Add the chorizo and onion-mushroom mixture back to the pan. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for another 6 min., or until pierogies are tender. Serve with sour cream or Greek yogurt for dipping.
- S2 2017
- Calories 190kcal 9%
- Fat 13.0g 19%
- Saturated fat 5.1g 25%
- Sugars 5.1g 6%
- Sodium 374mg 0 %
- 8.4g carbohydrate
- 1.4g fibre
- 10.0g protein
- 35mg cholesterol