Try this tasty bowl for breakfast and dinner.
- 1 cup medium-grain brown rice
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large avocado
- Cooking spray
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place drained chickpeas on a baking tray coated with cooking spray. Roast in the oven for 10 min. or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove and set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray. Add eggs and cook 2-3 min., until whites are set and yolks are desired doneness.
- Slice the avocado. Divide brown rice among 4 bowls. Top evenly with chickpeas, eggs, and avocado. Serve immediately.
For a rich, smoky flavor, sprinkle the beans with smoked paprika before roasting them and add a dash to the eggs before serving.
- Five Ingredients
- take 5
- Take 5: Five Ingredient Recipes Cookbook
- February March 2017
- 5 ingredients