This creamy carrot soup will become a dinner favorite. Freeze leftovers for a quick lunch on-the-go.
- 1 onion
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb carrots
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 orange
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Chop the onion, and peel and grate the ginger.
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Fry the onion and ginger for 5 min., stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, peel and slice the carrots. Mince the garlic.
- Add the carrots and garlic and cook 2 min.
- Add the bouillon cube, 3 cups water, and the coconut milk. Bring the soup to a boil and simmer 15 min. or until the carrots are tender.
- Puree the soup with a hand blender or food processor. Juice the orange.
- Stir the orange juice into the soup and season with salt (in moderation) and red pepper flakes.
- Calories 256kcal 13%
- Fat 19.6g 30%
- Saturated fat 11.3g 56%
- Carbs 20.7g 7%
- Sodium 340mg 14%
- 6.5g sugar
- 5.2g fiber
- 3.2g protein
- 0mg cholesterol