Try this pita with chicken, red cabbage, cucumber, and radish for a new, fresh favorite.
- ½ head red cabbage
- 1 bunch radishes
- ½ small onion
- ½ English cucumber
- ⅔ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pieces pita bread
- 1 cup Nature's Promise® Organic Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Core and thinly slice the cabbage. Trim and thinly slice the radishes and onion.
- Halve the cucumber lengthwise and scrape out seeds with a spoon. Thinly slice cucumber.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, radishes, onion, cucumber, vinegar, salt, and pepper, tossing until well coated. Let stand 10 min., stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, set grill or heat grill pan on medium. Halve the chicken tenders lengthwise and brush with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken 8 min., until cooked through, turning over halfway through. Meanwhile, warm the pita according to package directions. Drain the coleslaw.
- Split pitas open and fill each with ¼ cup coleslaw, 2–3 pieces chicken, and 2 tbsp hummus. Serve with remaining coleslaw and hummus.
- Budget Friendly
- July 2018
- Guiding Stars
- $10 Meals