This recipe is packed with veggie goodness and full of whole wheat fiber.
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 (7.5 oz) jar roasted red peppers
- 1 cup cream
- 1 bunch fresh curly parsley
- 1 cup toasted almonds
- 2 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup olive oil (+ ½ tbsp for frying)
- 1 (13.2 oz) pkg whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cherry tomatoes on the vine
- Cut the broccoli into small florets. Peel the remaining stem and slice into pieces. Drain the peppers.
- Set the peppers and cream in a tall glass and purée using a hand blender. Remove peppers and clean glass.
- Cut the parsley and chop the almonds coarsely. Mince the garlic.
- Add the parsley, almonds, and ⅓ cup olive oil into the clean glass and purée to make pesto. Season with salt (in moderation) and pepper.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Meanwhile, heat ½ tbsp oil in a frying pan and fry the garlic for 1 min.
- Add the pepper sauce to the garlic. Season with salt (in moderation) and pepper and cook 5 min. on low heat.
- Meanwhile, boil the broccoli, 4 min. and drain well. Add to the sauce and warm for 2 min.
- Drain the pasta and mix with the sauce.
- Divide among 4 plates, place the tomatoes on top and serve with a side of pesto.
- Calories 933kcal 47%
- Fat 58.8g 90%
- Saturated fat 17.8g 89%
- Carbs 87.8g 29%
- Sodium 411mg 17%
- 7.3g sugar
- 6.4g fiber
- 24.8g protein
- 61mg cholesterol