A starry surprise of rich pound cake makes this dessert "wow"-worthy! Let the kids help with cutting out the pound cake stars and decoration!
- 1 (15.2 oz) box chocolate cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 lb pound cake
- ½ (16 oz) can chocolate frosting
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare cake batter according to package directions using the eggs and vegetable oil. Cut the pound cake into 1-inch slices. Use a star shape cookie cutter to cut stars out of the center of the slices.
- Spread ⅓ of the chocolate cake batter in the bottom of a loaf pan and arrange the pound cake stars down the center of the pan lengthwise. (The stars should be standing up.) Top with remaining batter and bake in the oven for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool slightly and frost. Use a mesh strainer to dust with confectioner’s sugar.
Decorate cake with fresh berries or cinnamon candies.
- December 2017