- 8 oz Sargento ® Chef Blends® shredded 6 Cheese Italian, divided into 1 ½ cups and ½ cup
- 1 cup Bertolli ® Olive Oil & Garlic pasta sauce
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 3 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ¼ cup assorted garden herbs roughly chopped, including basil, oregano, parsley, chives or thyme (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Roll dough flat and put into a round 9 inch fluted tart pan or 14 inch by 4 inch rectangular fluted tart pan. Dough should come to the top of fluted lip. Freeze for 1/2 hour or overnight.
- Bake pie crust for 15 minutes. Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups cheese in bottom of pie crust and bake for 5 more minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Turn oven broiler on low.
- Spoon Sauce into bottom of pie crust. Layer tomato slices artfully over red sauce and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and broil until melted and golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve.
Brought to you by Bertolli® and Sargento®
- Calories 212kcal 11%
- Fat 12.9g 20%
- Saturated fat 28.8g 144%
- Carbs 17.5g 6%
- Sodium 588mg 24%
- 3.2g sugar
- 1.5g fiber
- 9.3g protein
- 5mg cholesterol