These English-style scones are light-as-air and even better with strawberry jam and fresh fruit.
- 3 cups flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 5 tbsp cold unsalted butter cubed
- 1 cup low-fat milk, (plus more for brushing)
- 1 (8 oz) pkg mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- ½ (16 oz) pkg fresh strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Set flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine. Pulse in butter just to combine. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and stir in milk with a heavy spatula until a dough begins to form.
- Dump onto a lightly floured work surface and knead to form a large oval, about 1½ inches thick. Use a biscuit cutter, or the top of a glass, to cut into rounds. Transfer rounds to a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush with a bit of milk. Bake for 12–15 min. or until slightly golden brown.
- Allow scones to cool slightly before slicing in half. Spread with mascarpone and strawberry jam. Serve the scones with fresh strawberries.
- S4 2017
- Calories 318kcal 16%
- Fat 13.9g 21%
- Saturated fat 8.8g 44%
- Carbs 43.0g 14%
- Sodium 302mg 13%
- 14.4g sugar
- 1.4g fiber
- 5.3g protein
- 14mg cholesterol