- 8 slices Oscar Mayer bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 carton (32 oz) fat free, reduced sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 pkg (24 oz) Ore-Ida ® Steam N' Mash® Cut Russet Potatoes
- 1 pkg (8 oz) Kraft Triple Cheddar Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia, divided
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup Breakstone's ® or Knudsen sour cream
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- Cook and stir bacon in large skillet on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet with slotted spoon, reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add onions to drippings in skillet; cook and stir 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Stir in flour; cook and stir 1 min. Add 1 cup broth; cook and stir 2 min. or until sauce comes to boil and thickens. Pour into slow cooker. Stir in remaining broth. Add potatoes; cover with lid. Cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours (or HIGH 2 to 3 hours).
- Use slotted spoon to transfer 4 cups potatoes to medium bowl; mash until smooth. Add 11/2 cups cheese to remaining mixture in slow cooker; stir until melted. Stir in mashed potatoes and milk; cook, covered, 5 min. or until heated through.
- Place bacon on paper towel-covered microwaveable plate. Microwave on HIGH 20 to 30 sec. or until heated through. Serve soup topped with bacon, remaining cheese, sour cream and chives.
Recipe provided by Kraft Heinz Company.