Juicy watermelon, protein-packed tuna, and fresh feta cheese are the building blocks of this simple summer salad.
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red onion
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 (5 oz) cans water-packed tuna
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (10 oz) pkg watermelon chunks
- 1 (0.75 oz) pkg basil
- ½ cup Kalamata olives
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 lemon
- Halve the cucumber lengthwise and cut into slices. Halve and slice the onion. In a bowl, mix the cucumber and onion with the vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let it sit for at least 10 min.
- Meanwhile, drain the tuna and flake with a fork. Mix with 1½ tbsp olive oil and season with pepper. Cut the watermelon chunks into smaller cubes. Remove stems from basil and add to the salad bowl along with the tuna, watermelon, olives, and feta. Juice lemon. Toss salad gently with remaining olive oil and juice from lemon. Season to taste.
Serve with sliced and toasted ciabatta.
- 20 minutes
- In Season
- July August 2022
- Guiding Stars
- June July 2017