This Southwestern take on a classic burger is more wholesome with turkey, salsa, Monterey Jack cheese, and guacamole—all on a whole wheat bun.
- 1 lb 94% lean ground turkey
- ¼ cup chunky salsa
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup guacamole
- 4 100% whole-wheat hamburger buns
- Thoroughly mix the turkey and salsa in a large bowl. Season the turkey mixture with salt (in moderation) and pepper. Shape the turkey mixture into 4 (½-inch thick) burgers.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Place the burgers on heated pan. Cook for 6–7 min. Flip and cook for an additional 6–7 min. until browned and cooked through. Top with the cheese.
- Spread 1 tbsp guacamole on the bottom half of each bun. Top with the burgers and 1 leaf of lettuce (optional). Finish each burger with the top bun and serve immediately.
- June/July 2017
- 5 ingredient
- Five Ingredients
- take 5