Crab tops this juicy burger for a totally over-the-top flavor experience that will impress your July 4th guests. Plus, it won’t believe how easy and fast it is!
- 4 ground beef hamburger patties
- 1 large tomato
- 1 large shallot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ⅓ cup bottled clam juice
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 (8 oz) pkg crabmeat, or fresh picked crab meat
- 4 Kaiser rolls
- 4 leaves butter lettuce
- Grill burgers over medium-high heat for 10 min, flipping halfway through.
- While burgers are cooking, slice the tomato and set aside. Mince shallot and sauté with the olive oil and garlic in a skillet until shallot is translucent, about 5 min. Add clam juice and bring to a simmer, stirring until reduced, about 30 sec. Stir in mustard and crabmeat and cook 3 min., or until warmed through.
- Toast split Kaiser rolls on edges of grill. Top each roll with a lettuce leaf, tomato slice, burger patty, and ¼ of the crab mixture.
If you want to be totally decadent, substitute 8 oz cooked lobster meat for the crab.
- 20 minutes
- June/July 2017