Top this dish with toasted breadcrumbs for added flavor and texture.
- 1 (25 oz) pkg beef ravioli
- 2 leeks
- 1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ bunch parsley
- Cook the ravioli in boiling water according to package directions. Drain, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, trim bottom inch and dark green tops off the leeks. Slice in half lengthwise and rinse to remove any dirt. Thinly slice the leeks. Drain and rinse the artichokes and chop roughly. Juice the lemon.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and lightly season with salt (in moderation) and pepper. Stirring occasionally, cook for 6–8 min. or until tender. Stir in artichokes, cooking 1–2 min. more. Add ricotta, reserved cooking liquid, and lemon juice; mix until combined.
- Toss together cooked ravioli and ricotta sauce. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- $10 Meals
- October 2017