Packed with fiber-rich cereal and fresh apples, these tiny muffins make a tasty on-the-go breakfast or snack.
- 1 apple
- 1 cup All-Bran cereal
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel the apple and remove the core. Chop into small pieces. In a food processor, finely grind the cereal. Transfer to a bowl and combine with flour, sugar, baking soda, and a pinch of salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter, egg, yogurt, cinnamon, and vanilla. Mix the wet and dry ingredients until just combined. Do not overmix. Gently fold in chopped apples.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of batter into each well of a greased mini muffin tin. Bake until muffins spring back when touched, about 13–15 min. Remove from the pan and allow to cool slightly.
- October 2017