The caramel notes in this silky butterscotch pudding pair well with banana for a sophisticated twist on a classic Southern dessert.
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 gluten-free sugar cookie
- 2 bananas
- ¼ cup whipped cream
- In a small heavy-duty saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, and a pinch of salt. Add the egg yolks and whisk until smooth. Add the milk and whisk to combine. Heat to a boil on medium, stirring often. Continue to cook and stir 10–13 min., until mixture is thick.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter and vanilla. Let cool completely.
- Once the pudding has cooled, crumble 1 cookie into the bottom of each serving cup. Top with sliced bananas and divide the pudding evenly between the cups. Top each with whipped cream and additional crumbled cookies.
This recipe is
- November 2017