These classic South American cookies are often enjoyed with hot coffee. Try them as an afternoon treat, as well as dessert.
- 1 (16.5 oz) pkg sugar cookie dough
- ½ (14 oz) can dulce de leche
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Halve the tube of dough and shape each half into a 2-inch-wide log. Cut log into ¼-inch-thick slices and arrange on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing 1½ inches apart. Bake 8–10 min., until golden brown on bottoms. Let cool on baking sheets on wire racks.
- Spread the dulce de leche on the bottoms of half the cookies. Place cookies dulce de leche side up on baking sheet. Sprinkle the salt and cinnamon over the dulce de leche. Top with remaining cookies to create a sandwich. Dust the cookies with confectioners sugar.
- December 2017
- Cookie Swap
- December 2021