Low-calorie zucchini makes the perfect vessel to hold all of your favorite pizza toppings with none of the guilt.
- 1 lb Italian chicken sausages
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (12 oz) pkg fajita-mix peppers and onions
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- ⅓ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Remove the sausage meat from the casing.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add sausage and cook 3–4 min., until almost fully cooked, breaking up with back of a spoon. Add the peppers and onions. Season with salt. Cook 5 min., until vegetables are almost tender and sausage is cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, slice the zucchini in half lengthwise. Use a melon baller or grapefruit spoon to scoop out the flesh. Arrange cavity sides up on a foil-lined baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the marinara to the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1–2 min. Divide the filling among zucchini halves. Top with cheese. Bake 10–12 min., until zucchini is tender.
- January 2018
- Calories 279kcal 14%
- Fat 11.7g 18%
- Saturated fat 1.8g 9%
- Carbs 18.2g 6%
- Sodium 1225mg 51%
- 11.3g sugar
- 5.3g fiber
- 28.1g protein
- 89mg cholesterol