Get kids excited about vegetables by making this edible garden with them. Sprinkling the pumpernickel “dirt” and planting the crudité are fun and easy ways to get them involved in the kitchen.
- 3 slices pumpernickel bread
- 3 (15.5 oz) cans cannellini beans
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
Assorted Vegetables, for dipping
- Baby carrots
- Mini bell peppers
- Button mushrooms
- Celery with leaves
- Preheat oven to 325℉. Cut the bread into small cubes and add to a rimmed baking sheet. Bake 12–14 min., until very dry and crispy. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the cannellini beans. To a food processor, add beans, along with the yogurt, parsley, olive oil, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Purée until smooth. Transfer dip to a 2½–3 quart dish and spread in even layer. Cover with plastic and refrigerate until cold.
- Wash and dry the food processor. Add cooled croutons to the food processor and pulse to form fine bread crumbs.
- To serve, sprinkle bread crumbs over dip. Arrange vegetables in rows to look like a garden.
- Guiding Stars
- S3 videos
- Kid's Cook
- Celebrations Made Easy Cookbook
- April 2018
- S3 2018