Caramel-flavored ice cream is a luscious topping for these sweet pineapple rings. A crunchy waffle cookie adds the perfect textural contrast.
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Nature's Promise Organic extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 4 fresh pineapple rings
- 2 pizzelle cookies
- 1 cup dulce de leche ice cream
- 2 tbsp chocolate syrup (optional)
- Set grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, whisk the honey, coconut oil, cinnamon, and salt to combine.
- Place the pineapple on the grill and brush with honey mixture. Grill 3 min., then turn rings over and brush other side with remaining honey mixture. Grill another 2–4 min., until grill marks appear on bottom and pineapple has softened. Transfer to 4 small serving plates and let cool until no longer hot.
- Meanwhile, break each pizzelle into smaller pieces. Top each cooled pineapple ring with ¼-cup scoop of ice cream and drizzle with chocolate syrup, if desired. Stick pizzelle into ice cream. Serve immediately.
- Calories 254kcal 13%
- Fat 11.5g 18%
- Saturated fat 8.1g 41%
- Carbs 36.3g 12%
- Sodium 56mg 2%
- 29.6g sugar
- 1.6g fiber
- 3.0g protein
- 26mg cholesterol