A combo of red curry paste and coconut milk does double duty—first to marinate and tenderize the pork, and then puréed with peanuts for a dipping sauce.
- 1 ½ lbs pork tenderloin
- 1 small shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 (13.5 oz) can Nature's Promise Coconut Milk
- 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp Nature's Promise Organic Turmeric
- ½ cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- bamboo skewers, soaked
- Set grill to medium-high. Thinly slice the pork into 2-inch-long pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Peel and roughly chop the shallot and garlic. In a blender or food processor, purée the coconut milk, red curry paste, brown sugar, fish sauce, turmeric, shallot, and garlic until smooth. Transfer ⅔ of mixture to bowl with pork. Toss to coat and let stand 10 min., or refrigerate up to 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, to remaining mixture in blender, add peanuts and blend until mostly smooth. Transfer to small bowl and set aside.
- Thread pork onto skewers. Place on grill and cook 10 min., until cooked through and charred in spots. Serve with reserved peanut sauce.
Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.
- S4 2018
- Calories 270kcal 14%
- Fat 18.9g 29%
- Saturated fat 10.6g 53%
- Carbs 6.2g 2%
- Sodium 319mg 13%
- 2.9g sugar
- 0.9g fiber
- 20.5g protein
- 53mg cholesterol