While its nutritional and flavor profile is pretty much the same as white, red quinoa cooks up a bit crunchier, making it perfect for summer salads.
- 1 cup Nature's Promise Organic Red Quinoa
- 2 lemons
- 2 bunches asparagus (about 2 lbs)
- 7 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ cups packed basil leaves
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ (8 oz) container fresh mozzarella pearls
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Set grill to high. Grate 1 tsp zest and squeeze 3 tbsp juice from the lemons, reserving zest and juice separately.
- Meanwhile, trim the bottom inch off the asparagus spears. Toss with 2 tbsp oil and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Grill 3–4 min., until fork-tender and charred, turning often. Let asparagus cool and cut into 2-inch pieces on an angle
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse the basil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper until chopped. Pulse in remaining 5 tbsp olive oil until well mixed.
- Halve and seed the bell pepper, then finely chop. Add cooked quinoa to a large bowl and fluff with a fork. Add sliced asparagus, bell pepper, and vinaigrette. Toss to combine. To serve, drain the mozzarella pearls and add to salad.
If you can’t find mozzarella pearls, use small mozzarella balls, like bocconcini or ciliegine, and quarter them.
- S4 2018
- Calories 241kcal 12%
- Fat 16.5g 25%
- Saturated fat 3.7g 18%
- Carbs 17.2g 6%
- Sodium 92mg 4%
- 1.6g sugar
- 2.8g fiber
- 7.3g protein
- 11mg cholesterol