Rye croutons, bits of peppery pastrami, and a Thousand Island–style dressing make this standout side dish taste exactly like the classic deli sandwich.
- ½ loaf Nature's Promise Artisan Bread Seeded Jewish Rye
- cooking spray
- ⅔ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 2 tsp white distilled vinegar
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 (14 oz) pkgs classic coleslaw mix
- 4 oz thick-cut pastrami
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut the rye bread into ½-inch-thick slices and then ½-inch cubes. On a baking sheet, lightly coat bread with cooking spray, then toss with salt and pepper. Bake 8–10 min., until golden and crisp, stirring twice.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, vinegar, caraway seeds, salt, and pepper. Add coleslaw mix and toss until well coated.
- Chop the pastrami and stir into slaw, along with croutons.
Buy your pastrami at the deli counter and ask for it to be cut into thick slices for meatier, bite-size chunks in the slaw.
- S4 2018
- Calories 138kcal 7%
- Fat 3.0g 5%
- Saturated fat 0.5g 3%
- Carbs 22.8g 8%
- Sodium 576mg 24%
- 7.4g sugar
- 3.9g fiber
- 6.5g protein
- 10mg cholesterol