A fresher take on a classic dish from Louisiana, this side is perfect for serving right away or marinating in the fridge for later.
- 2 (15.5 oz) can red kidney beans
- 2 (8.8 oz) pkgs Nature's Promise Free from Long Grain White Rice
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 stalks celery
- ¼ cup parsley
- ½ small red onion
- 1 cup diced bell peppers
- Rinse and drain the beans. Heat the rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the vinegar, hot sauce, and garlic. Gradually whisk in the oil until well combined. Stir the heated rice into the vinaigrette.
- Finely chop the celery, parsley, and red onion. Add to bowl with rice, along with bell peppers and beans. Toss until well combined.
- guiding star
- June 2018