Two Italian-American favorites—crispy garlic bread and eggplant parm—come together to make this one crave-worthy sandwich.
- 8 slices frozen garlic Texas toast
- 1 medium eggplant
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Italian-blend cheeses
- 1 medium tomato
- Set grill to high. Prepare the Texas toast according to package directions.
- Thinly slice the eggplant into rounds. Toss with the oil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Grill 10 min., until eggplant is tender, turning over once halfway through. Divide the cheeses among eggplant slices and cover. Grill 2 min., until cheeses melt. Remove eggplant from grill.
- Meanwhile, core the tomato and cut into thick slices. Grill tomato slices 4 min., until grill marks appear, turning over once halfway through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide eggplant and tomato slices among 4 slices of Texas toast. Top with remaining 4 slices of toast. Serve immediately.
- Budget Friendly
- $10 Meals
- June 2018