Canned lentils serve as a speedy shortcut, while coconut milk and curry powder infuse a touch of the exotic.
- 1 shallot
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 (8 oz) pkgs Nature's Promise Organic sliced white mushrooms
- 1 (15 oz) cans cooked lentils
- 1 (13.6 oz) can light coconut milk
- ½ (16 oz) bag frozen chopped kale, thawed
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 (15.9 oz) pkg Nature's Promise Long Grain White Rice
- Peel and finely chop the shallot. In a deep 12-inch skillet, melt butter on medium-high. Add shallot and cook 1–2 min., until golden, stirring often.
- Add mushrooms and cook 15 min., until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon out any excess liquid.
- Drain lentils. Into skillet with mushrooms on medium-high, add lentils, coconut milk, kale, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Heat to a boil on high. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 min., stirring often.
- Meanwhile, heat rice in microwave according to package directions. Spoon curry over rice.
- Calories 711kcal 36%
- Fat 15.1g 23%
- Saturated fat 10.0g 50%
- Carbs 108.6g 36%
- Sodium 65mg 3%
- 7.2g sugar
- 35.3g fiber
- 38.5g protein
- 15mg cholesterol