This recipe makes feeding a crowd easy: Slow cook the pork first until tender, then crisp it up on the grill. Set out all the accoutrements and let guests mix and match.
- 3 tbsp sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 (3 lb) boneless pork shoulder
- 1 cup diced onions
- ½ cup Nature's Promise Organic Chicken Broth
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- Butcher's Twine
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, brown sugar, chili powder, and garlic powder. Season the pork shoulder with salt and pepper and then rub all over with spice blend. Roll up pork shoulder and tie with twine every 2 inches to form a loaf. To a large slow cooker, add the onions, broth, and vinegar. Stir together and add pork shoulder.
- Cook 4 hours on high, until pork shoulder is tender but not falling apart.
- Set grill to medium-high. Use tongs to transfer pork to a cutting board, reserving the cooking liquid. Grill 10–12 min., until charred in spots, turning occasionally.
- Transfer pork to cutting board, remove twine, and finely chop, discarding any excess fat. Toss pork with some reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season with salt.
Serve with: Lettuce cups, tortillas, slider buns
Suggested Condiments and Toppings:
Barbecue sauce, Honey mustard, Salsa, Shredded cheeses, Guacamole, Kimchi, Gochujang, Sriracha mayonnaise, Horseradish sauce, Thai sweet chili sauce, Hot sauce, Spicy pickles, Relish, Store-bought coleslaw, Crispy fried onions, Giardiniera, Pickled jalapeño slices.
- June 2018
- Calories 337kcal 17%
- Fat 23.6g 36%
- Saturated fat 8.1g 40%
- Carbs 7.1g 2%
- Sodium 177mg 7%
- 3.3g sugar
- 2.0g fiber
- 23.0g protein
- 91mg cholesterol