This crowd-pleasing appetizer gets a flavor boost from the grill and the addition of fresh lemon juice.
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 (8 oz) container light sour cream
- 4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 envelope onion soup and dip mix
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Assorted vegetables and potato chips, for dipping
- Set grill to medium-low. Cut the onion into ½-inch slices. Brush onion slices with the oil and season with the smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Cover and grill 15–18 min., until tender, turning occasionally. Remove from grill and let cool slightly.
- To a food processor, add grilled onion. Pulse until finely chopped. Add the sour cream, cream cheese, mayonnaise, dip mix, lemon juice, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Pulse mixture until well combined but not smooth. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve with vegetables and chips for dipping.
- S5 2018
- Calories 119kcal 6%
- Fat 8.6g 13%
- Saturated fat 3.7g 18%
- Carbs 8.0g 3%
- Sodium 426mg 18%
- 2.2g sugar
- 0.6g fiber
- 2.7g protein
- 19mg cholesterol