This hearty soup is chock-full of a variety of veggies and nutritious barley that simmers in the broth.
- ½ (16 oz) pkg Nature's Promise Thin Sliced Turkey Breast Cutlets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced red or green bell pepper
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 (32 oz) pkgs reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup pearl barley
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Season turkey with salt and pepper. In a heavy-duty large pot, heat 1 tbsp oil on medium-high. Cook 2–3 min. per side, until slightly golden. Remove from pot and let cool.
- Dice celery, onion, and carrots. Remove seeds from bell pepper and dice. In the pot, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil on medium-high. Add vegetables and cook 5–7 min., until vegetables begin to soften, stirring often. Add garlic and thyme and cook 1 min., stirring constantly.
- Into pot, add chicken broth, 2 cups water, and barley. Bring to a boil on high, reduce heat, and let simmer until barley is tender, 20–25 min. Meanwhile, chop turkey into bite-size chunks and refrigerate until needed.
- When barley is tender, stir turkey and corn into the soup. Season with salt and pepper and cook 5 min. Remove from heat and serve.