Your favorite fall dessert in breakfast form! Top these with syrup and whipped cream or be decadent and serve them with vanilla ice cream.
- 1 small Gala apple
- 2 cups Nature's Promise® Organic Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1 ⅓ cups whole milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup whipped cream
- Core and very thinly slice the apple.
- In a large bowl, prepare the pancake mix according to package directions, using the milk, oil, and eggs (some lumps are OK). Gently fold in the apple pie spice.
- Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet on medium. Brush with some melted butter. By ¼-cupfuls, add batter to skillet. Arrange a few slices of apples on top of batter. Cook 2 min., until edges are set and bubbles appear.
- Flip pancakes and cook another 1–2 min., until bottoms are set. Repeat cooking with remaining batter, apple slices, and melted butter. Serve topped with maple syrup and whipped cream.
- In Season
- September 2018