- 6 (1.55 oz) HERSHEY´S milk chocolate bars, divided
- 6 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 5 cups Kellogg's RICE KRISPIES Toasted Rice Cereal
- Butter or coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Remove wrappers from chocolate bars. Break or cut 2 bars into pieces along markings; set aside. Cut 2 bars into even pieces about 1/2 inch long; combine with 1 cup marshmallows in medium bowl; set aside. Chop remaining 2 chocolate bars into small pieces; set aside.
- Place butter in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds or until melted. Add remaining 5 cups marshmallows; stir to coat with butter. Microwave 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until marshmallows are completely melted when stirred. Add chopped chocolate, stirring until melted. Add cereal; stir until well coated. Mixture should be warm and pliable, but not hot. If it is very warm, cool slightly. Add reserved chocolate marshmallow mixture; stir to mix throughout cereal mixture. Sprinkle any pieces that don’t work into mixture on bottom of prepared pan.
- Press mixture into prepared pan with buttered spatula or wax paper. Cool slightly. With wet knife, mark cutting lines to make 24 bars. Press one chocolate bar section into each bar while mixture is still slightly warm. Cool completely. Cut into bars along previously marked lines. Makes 24 bars.
Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows; stirring until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add chopped chocolate, stirring until melted. Add cereal; stir until well coated. Cool mixture until warm and pliable, but not hot. Add reserved chocolate mixture, stirring to mix throughout cereal mixture.
Recipe developed by Hershey Kitchens.
- Calories 136kcal 7%
- Fat 5.3g 8%
- Saturated fat 3.3g 16%
- Carbs 21.4g 7%
- Sodium 68mg 3%
- 13.3g sugar
- 0.4g fiber
- 1.4g protein
- 8mg cholesterol