A Tex-Mex twist on mac and cheese, this satisfying vegetarian supper is loaded with flavor thanks to some spicy salsa, creamy refried beans, and fresh cilantro.
- 12 oz elbow macaroni
- 1 (15.5 oz) can no-salt-added black beans
- 1 (16 oz) jar Nature's Promise Organic Chipotle Salsa
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 (16 oz) can fat-free vegetarian refried beans
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar, divided
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, drain the black beans and add to a large pot, along with the salsa, cumin, and refried beans. Heat to a simmer on medium, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/2 cup Cheddar until melted.
- Add cooked macaroni to pot and stir until well coated. Remove from heat. Serve topped with remaining ½ cup Cheddar, cilantro, and sour cream.
- 15 min
- S8 2018
- Calories 435kcal 22%
- Fat 8.7g 13%
- Saturated fat 4.0g 20%
- Carbs 69.0g 23%
- Sodium 771mg 32%
- 4.0g sugar
- 10.0g fiber
- 21.0g protein
- 23mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?