Wilting baby spinach into mushroom soup is a quick and easy way to up the nutrition. Crunchy croutons make for a great contrast in texture.
- 4 tbsp (½ stick) butter
- ½ cup diced onions
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup seasoned croutons
- In a large pot, melt the butter on medium. Add the onions, mushrooms, garlic, and thyme. Season with salt. Cook 5 min., stirring often.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms. Cook 1 min., stirring often. Stir in the milk and broth. Heat to a boil on high.
- Reduce heat to simmer. Cook 6 min., until liquid has thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in the spinach until wilted. Divide among 4 bowls and top with croutons.
- Fifteen Minutes
- October 2018
- 15 Minutes