The salty sharpness of feta cheese and the freshness of dill turn everyday ingredients like tomato sauce and shrimp into a superstar dinner.
- 1 (10 oz) box couscous
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 (8 oz) bag triple-washed spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 ¼ lbs large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, chop the bacon. In a 12-inch skillet, cook bacon on medium-high 3 min. Add the onions and cook 5–6 min., stirring occasionally, until bacon is cooked and onions are tender. Stir in the spinach and cook 2 min., until spinach is wilted. Stir in the garlic and cook 1 min.
- To same skillet, add the tomatoes, ¾ cup water, salt, and pepper. Heat to a boil on medium-high. Stir in the shrimp. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer 5 min., until shrimp are cooked through. Top shrimp mixture with dill and feta and serve over couscous.
- Savory Sunday
- October 2018
- guiding star