Combining the sweetness of cornbread with the salty goodness of Spanish-style sausage gives this stuffing a deliciously unique twist.
- 1 (18 oz) loaf prepared cornbread
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 4 stalks celery
- 4 oz chunk Spanish-style chorizo
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Nature's Promise Organic Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut the cornbread into 1-inch chunks and arrange on a large baking sheet in a single layer. Bake 15 min., stirring twice, until toasted and crisp.
- Meanwhile, grease a 3-quart baking dish with 1 tbsp oil. Finely chop the onion, celery, and chorizo.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat remaining 2 tbsp oil on medium and add the onion and celery. Season with salt. Cook 6 min., stirring occasionally. Add the chorizo and garlic. Cook 2 min. Remove from heat. Drain the tomatoes and stir into skillet.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, broth, and parsley. Add cornbread and vegetable mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Gently stir until well combined. Transfer mixture to greased baking dish.
- Bake 30 min., until set and top is golden brown.
To make this ahead, prepare recipe through STEP 4. Cover and refrigerate up to 5 hours. When ready to serve, continue with STEP 5.
- S9 2018
- Calories 344kcal 17%
- Fat 16.2g 25%
- Saturated fat 4.3g 22%
- Carbs 40.5g 14%
- Sodium 675mg 28%
- 12.5g sugar
- 4.3g fiber
- 9.0g protein
- 52mg cholesterol