This surefire crowd-pleaser includes sweet corn in three ways: in the corn muffin mix, creamed, and whole kernels. Take it for a walk on the wild side by adding chopped jalapeños.
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- ½ cup diced onions
- ⅔ cup reduced-fat 2% milk
- 1 (14 oz) can creamed corn
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (8.5 oz) box corn muffin mix
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 3-quart baking dish.
- In a 10-inch skillet, melt the butter on medium. Add the onions and season with salt. Cook 5 min., stirring often. Transfer onion mixture to a large bowl and cool slightly.
- Into onions, stir the milk, creamed corn, sour cream, and sugar. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time. Add the corn muffin mix and stir until combined. Fold in the corn kernels. Transfer to baking dish and top with the cheese.
- Bake 40–45 min., until set. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- November 2018