This smooth, chiffon-like pie will become your go-to recipe every year. Try topping it with a dollop of whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon for an extra pop.
- 1refrigerated ready-to-bake pie crust
- 1 (14 oz) can puréed pumpkin
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Fit the pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate. Trim and crimp edges. Line with parchment paper and pie weights or dried beans. Bake 10 min. Carefully remove paper and weights. Bake another 5 min. Remove from oven and increase temperature to 400°F.
- Meanwhile, place the pumpkin in a medium pot. Cook on medium-high 8–10 min., until beginning to look dry and slightly browned, stirring and scraping often. In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Stir into pumpkin. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, cream, and milk until well mixed and whisk into pumpkin mixture until smooth. Pour pumpkin filling into pie crust. Bake 35–40 min., until filling is just set. Cool completely on wire rack before serving.
This can be made 1 day ahead and kept, covered, in the refrigerator. Remove from refrigerator at least 1 hour before serving.
- November 2018