The canned beans and frozen veggies in this hearty soup are the keys to a dinner that’s both affordable and easy to get on the table.
- 2 medium carrots
- 4 oz fusilli
- 1 (10.7 oz) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (14.5 oz) canned diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ (16 oz) bag frozen broccoli florets, partially thawed
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, drained
- 2 tbsp prepared pesto
- Thinly slice the carrots. Cook the fusilli according to package directions. Add carrots to boiling water at the same time as the fusilli.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot, combine the tomato soup, diced tomatoes, and water. Heat to a boil on high. Cut any large broccoli florets into smaller pieces. Add broccoli and beans to pot. Cook 5–7 min., until broccoli is hot.
- Drain fusilli and carrots and add to soup. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide among 4 bowls. Dollop each with ½ tbsp pesto.
- December 2018
- $10 Meals
- guiding star