These delightful meat pies are stuffed with a spiced meat mixture and Cheddar. Serve as a fun Christmas appetizer or casual dinner.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz 85% lean ground beef
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ½ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (17.3 oz) pkg frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the beef and chili powder. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 3 min., until mostly cooked, stirring and breaking up with back of spoon. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in the cheese.
- Meanwhile, from the puff pastry sheets, cut out 12 stars with a 3-inch cutter. Place half the stars on the lined sheet and place heaping tbsp of beef mixture in centers.
- Brush edges of stars with some water. Place remaining stars on top and press the edges together to seal tightly. Bake 16–18 min., until golden brown.
Serve these with some jarred salsa for dipping
- December 2018
- Five Ingredients
- take 5
- 5 ingredients
- Calories 552kcal 28%
- Fat 39.5g 61%
- Saturated fat 11.3g 57%
- Carbs 37.4g 12%
- Sodium 289mg 12%
- 0.7g sugar
- 1.5g fiber
- 11.9g protein
- 23mg cholesterol