Let the kids get in on the baking action by helping make the indentations or spooning the fruity jam
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 (16.5 oz) tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup seedless raspberry jam or apricot jam
- 3 tbsp confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment. Place the pecans in a shallow dish.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and allow to soften slightly. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add dough to bowl. With hands, knead dough and flour together until well combined. Scoop and roll dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in pecans, pressing to adhere, and arrange on lined pans, spacing 2 inches apart. With end of wooden spoon handle, create indentations in dough balls.
- Bake cookies 14–17 min., until edges are golden, switching racks halfway through. Press indentations down again with handle of spoon. Divide the jam among indentations. Cool completely on a wire rack, then sift the confectioners’ sugar on top.
Pistachio-Peach: Roll the dough balls in finely chopped pistachios instead of pecans and fill with peach jam.
Orange: Knead 2 tbsp grated orange zest into dough, along with flour. Fill with orange marmalade.
- S10 2018
- Calories 101kcal 5%
- Fat 4.2g 7%
- Saturated fat 1.0g 5%
- Carbs 15.0g 5%
- Sodium 66mg 3%
- 8.5g sugar
- 0.4g fiber
- 1.0g protein
- 2mg cholesterol