All the flavors of your favorite creamy holiday beverage have been transformed into one of your favorite creamy holiday desserts.
- 40 gingersnap cookies, broken up
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup eggnog
- 3 tbsp spiced rum
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In a food processor, pulse the gingersnaps until fine crumbs form. In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs, butter, and pinch of salt. Mix until well combined and press firmly into the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10–12 min., until crisp. Cool slightly.
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in the eggnog, rum, vanilla, and nutmeg. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until just incorporated. Pour batter over crust.
- Bake cheesecake 50–60 min., until center is set. Run a paring knife around rim to loosen edges of cheesecake. Turn off oven and let cheesecake cool in oven for 1 hour. Cool completely on a wire rack before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 1 day before serving. Dust with the cinnamon before serving.
- December 2018