Jewel-like pomegranate seeds and orange segments mingle with salty strips of prosciutto for an elegant salad worthy of the holidays.
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 small shallot
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 (1 lb) box mixed greens
- 1 (3 oz) pkg sliced prosciutto
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- With a paring knife, cut all peel and white pith from oranges. Cut segments out into medium bowl. Into another medium bowl, squeeze any juice from remaining pulp.
- Finely chop the shallot and add to orange juice, along with the vinegar. Whisk in olive oil until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- On a large serving platter, arrange the mixed greens. Tear the prosciutto into strips and drape among greens.
- When ready to serve, spoon orange segments over greens. Sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds. Drizzle vinaigrette over and serve immediately
- Fifteen Minutes
- December 2018
- guiding star
- 15 Minutes