This Italian mainstay has been revamped for those seeking a lower-sodium lifestyle. Instead of loads of salt, this dish gets its flavor punch from onions, garlic, and a dash of red wine.
- ½ lb small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup diced onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ (8 oz) pkg sliced white mushrooms
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Nature's Promise Organic No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes
- ¼ cup dry red wine
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Coat a 12-inch skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook 3 min. per side, until golden brown. Transfer to a plate.
- To same skillet, add the green pepper, onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook 2 min., stirring often. Add the tomatoes, wine, and Italian seasoning. Heat to a boil on high.
- Return chicken to skillet and spoon vegetables on top. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10–12 min., until chicken is cooked through.
- Using tongs, transfer chicken to a clean plate and continue simmering vegetables another 5 min., until tender. Season vegetables with salt and pepper to taste. To serve, spoon vegetables and sauce over chicken.
Garnish with basil for color and extra flavor.
- S1 2019
- Calories 168kcal 8%
- Fat 3.6g 6%
- Saturated fat 0.8g 4%
- Carbs 9.3g 3%
- Sodium 118mg 5%
- 4.2g sugar
- 2.4g fiber
- 22.5g protein
- 77mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?