This soup gets its creaminess from cauliflower instead of dairy. Even better, using cauliflower rice means zero chopping.
- 2 medium leeks
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 (32 oz) container reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen peas, thawed
- 1 (1 oz) chunk Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Trim roots and darkest green from the leeks. Thinly slice leeks and submerge in large bowl of water. Swish and separate rings to release grit. Drain and then submerge and swish in water again. Drain well. Thinly slice the garlic.
- In a large pot, heat the oil on medium. Add leeks and garlic. Cook 10 min., stirring often. Add the cauliflower rice, water, and broth. Heat to a boil on high. Reduce heat and simmer 7 min. Add the peas and continue simmering 2–3 min., until peas are hot and cauliflower is tender.
- In batches in blender or with immersion blender, purée soup until smooth. Finely grate the Parmesan into soup and stir in the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with additional shaved Parmesan, chive sprigs, and coarsely ground pepper.
- guiding star
- January 2019