An intense tomato sauce filled with briny olives and capers makes a great, flavor-packed accompaniment for this delicate fish.
- Cooking spray
- 4 (about 5 oz each) flounder fillets
- ¼ cup pitted black olives, drained
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 8 thin slices whole wheat Italian or French bread
- Preheat broiler to high. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Arrange the flounder fillets on baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Season with pepper. Broil 6 min., until opaque and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop the olives and capers and add to a small pot, along with the tomatoes and garlic powder. Cook 3–4 min. on medium-high, until excess liquid evaporates, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- Transfer fish to a platter and spoon sauce over it. Garnish with the parsley and serve with the bread.
- Fifteen Minutes
- guiding star
- February 2019
- 15 Minutes