Quick-pickled cabbage joins forces with fiber-rich whole grains and beans. A dressing of tahini, a sesame seed paste, gives the dish a Middle Eastern vibe.
- ¾ cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ (10 oz) bag shredded red cabbage
- 1 (15.9 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Free from Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 1 (15.5 oz) Nature's Promise® Organic No Salt Added Garbanzo Beans
- 1 seedless cucumber
- ½ pint grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup tahini
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the vinegar and sugar. Stir in the cabbage. Cover and microwave 1 min. Let stand. Heat the brown rice according to microwave directions.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the beans. Chop the cucumber. Halve the tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, cumin, and ¼ cup water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain cabbage. Season cucumbers and tomatoes with salt and pepper to taste. Divide rice among 4 bowls. Top each bowl with cucumbers, tomatoes, cabbage, and beans. Drizzle with dressing.
- Fifteen Minutes
- Guiding Stars
- February 2019
- 15 Minutes