These chicken wings get an Italiano twist with a hefty dose of garlic and Parmesan cheese. The bright flavor of lemon cuts through the richness.
- 3 lbs separated chicken wings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- 6 tbsp (¾ stick) unsalted butter, cut up
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan
- Arrange 1 oven rack 4–6 inches from broiler heat source and another in center of oven. Preheat oven to 450°F. Set wire racks on 2 large foil-lined baking sheets. Pat the chicken wings dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, toss chicken with the oil and salt. Arrange in single layers on wire racks. Bake 30 min., until wings are cooked through, swapping baking sheets halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Meanwhile, with garlic press, crush the garlic into a medium microwave-safe bowl. Add the butter. Cover and microwave until butter is melted. From the lemon, grate all the zest into the butter and stir in the parsley. Season with black pepper to taste. Squeeze 2 tbsp lemon juice into butter. Stir in the Parmesan.
- Remove chicken from oven and heat oven to broil. Broil each pan of chicken on top rack 2–4 min., until browned, rotating pan halfway through. Place chicken in a large bowl and drizzle with sauce. Toss until well coated. Serve immediately.
- S2 2019
- Calories 300kcal 15%
- Fat 24.1g 37%
- Saturated fat 9.1g 46%
- Carbs 3.2g 1%
- Sodium 231mg 10%
- 0.2g sugar
- 0.3g fiber
- 17.4g protein
- 86mg cholesterol