Nutty, salty miso paste is balanced by brown sugar and spicy Asian hot sauce for a dynamic combo that will have your guests reaching for seconds.
- 3 lbs separated chicken wings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, cut up
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Black and white sesame seeds, as garnish (optional)
- Arrange 1 oven rack 4–6 inches from broiler heat source and another in center of oven. Preheat oven to 450°F. Set wire racks on 2 large foil-lined baking sheets. Pat the chicken wings dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, toss chicken with the oil and salt. Arrange in single layers on wire racks. Bake 30 min., until wings are cooked through, swapping baking sheets halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a medium microwave-safe bowl, cover and microwave the butter 30 sec., until mostly melted. Stir in the miso paste, sriracha, brown sugar, and sesame oil. Cover and microwave 1 min. Stir until sugar and miso paste dissolve.
- Remove chicken from oven and heat oven to broil. Broil each pan of chicken on top rack 2–4 min., until browned, rotating pan halfway through. Place chicken in a large bowl and drizzle with sauce. Toss until well coated. Garnish with the sesame seeds, if desired. Serve immediately.
Like your wings extra hot? Add another 1–2 tbsp sriracha to the sauce.
- S2 2019
- Calories 292kcal 15%
- Fat 23.7g 36%
- Saturated fat 7.5g 37%
- Carbs 3.0g 1%
- Sodium 345mg 14%
- 2.3g sugar
- 0.0g fiber
- 15.9g protein
- 77mg cholesterol