The kids won’t notice the finely chopped cauliflower, which adds nutrients and fiber to this weeknight twist on mac and cheese.
- ½ head cauliflower
- 1 (8 oz) pkg ham steak
- 4 oz shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 green onions
- 12 oz elbow macaroni
- ½ (16 oz) pkg frozen peas
- Chop the cauliflower and add to food processor. Pulse until finely chopped, stopping and scraping bowl occasionally. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil on high. Finely dice the ham. Grate the cheese. Finely chop the garlic. Thinly slice the green onions.
- To pot, add the macaroni and cook to al dente according to package directions. Two minutes before done, add the peas and cauliflower.
- With a fine-mesh strainer, drain pasta and cauliflower mixture, reserving ½ cup cooking water. Return pasta mixture to pot and heat on medium-high. Add reserved pasta water, garlic, green onions, ham, and Cheddar, mixing to combine and melt cheese. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Budget Friendly
- April 2019
- $10 Meals