This showstopper of a salad is the perfect centerpiece for your Easter table. To make it ahead, assemble and cover the salad with plastic, make the dressing, and refrigerate both up to 1 day.
- 1 large clove garlic
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 5 medium radishes
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 (5 oz) box spring greens
- ¾ cup finely shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed and patted dry
- ¾ cup shredded (matchstick) carrots
- 1 ½ cups diced ham
- Finely grate the garlic into a pint-size jar with resealable lid. Add the vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, Dijon, and oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Seal and shake well to combine.
- Arrange the asparagus in a microwave-safe dish. Add 2 tbsp water and cover with vented plastic. Microwave 2 min., until crisp-tender. Uncover, drain, and let cool. Cut on an angle into 1-inch lengths.
- Trim and thinly slice the radishes. Dice the eggs.
- On a large oval platter, arrange the greens. Scatter most of the asparagus on top, reserving about a third for topping. Arrange radishes, eggs, Cheddar, corn, carrots, asparagus, and ham over greens to create Easter egg design. Serve with vinaigrette on the side.
- April 2019
- guiding star